Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Rainy Days in Typical India


Rainy Days

M
y brother in law, sister in law and I love rainy days. We enjoy playing in the rain. There is a very shallow stream near our house. Each time it rains, we go there to sail our paper boats and watch them being swept away. The rain makes the water in the stream deeper and it is exciting to watch the swift currents flow over the stones, carrying away leaves, grass and other refuse from our garden. We watch intently as our paper boats are tossed about in the water. They then sail swiftly down the stream and we often wonder where they finally end up.
some boys playing in rains  
During the rain, we also love to sit and watch the puddles of water in our garden. As pools of water are formed, our ducks start splashing about in them, quacking noisily. Some of them just made each other family like situations & fighting with each other for pounds watery space. I am just amaze that how they react to each other.   
Sometimes, me & my friends run out in the rain, throw stones into the puddles of water and watch the ripples of water growing bigger and bigger. The water looks like rings of silver as the shining raindrops fall onto its surface. But while doing this my mother had always kept eye on me. She had her own views on this:
·         She never allowed me to go out if it’s raining accompanied by lightning.
·         She always offered me a cup of hot milk or tea which helped me to stay healthy in the rainy season.
·         Sometimes she just say me that you don’t need to go outside for chilling out with your friends.
I think the rain is better than the burning heat of the sun. Once in a while, we enjoy our playing ball games in the rain. It is fun, provided we do not catch a cold or a chill. Here in India we mostly play cricket as outdoor sport.
Yesterday’s morning, clouds gathered in the sky. Thunder rolled. Suddenly it started raining. There was a downpour for a short while but soon it turned into a steady rain. It was time for school for many of my friends but not for me as my college is not started yet.

It was refreshing to go out in the cool air. Everyone and everything looked fresh. The trees were a vivid green. The sound of falling rain was pleasing to the ears. The plight of bus travelers was of course pitiable. Buses were late and overcrowded. It may be quite pleasant to take a brisk walk in the rain, but nobody likes standing. In the queue in wet clothes, with the cold drops from other persons’ umbrellas dripping down one’s back.
The street urchins were having a great time playing. In the streets, floating boats on the sides of the roads where water was flowing fast. I wished I could join them.
My friends tells me that in the class, very few students were attentive. Almost everybody was looking at the rain every now and then. Primary class children were playing with boats in the Centre court, where water had gathered making it look like a pool.
Ankle-deep water had collected near my friend’s school gate and on the main road. The municipality had been caught napping. The drainage system was choked. All low lying areas had knee-deep water. Even cars and buses were stranded at many places.
In India nowadays there are many states where heavy rainfall was curling situation just like in Kerala because of flooding many of villages just drowning in rains water.
Kerala flood 
I appeal to peoples who are reading this to help out the peoples in Kerala what you give out from yourself.
                  Thanks for reading!
                          

1 comment: